This
summer I attended a career fair organized in Tempe by the School of Public
Affairs. The event brought together different departments from the Arizona
State Legislature under one roof. This event gave me an excellent opportunity to
learn about the multi-faceted nature of the Arizona State Legislature.
According
to its website, The Arizona State Legislature is a bicameral body with 30
members in the Senate and 60 members in the House of Representatives. Each
district is served by one Senator and two House members. The career event was a
great opportunity to meet representatives from different agencies under the
umbrella of AZ Legislature. Some of the agencies present at the event were the
Ombudsman’s Office, Auditor General, etc. I enjoyed my interaction with all
representatives that I had the privilege of speaking with. I made some good
contacts at the event from AZ Legislature and well as student body. This event
certainly ignited my interest in pursuing a potential internship at the Arizona
State Legislature.
No comments:
Post a Comment