During
my internship with the City of Phoenix one thing that helped me significantly
was getting constant feedback from colleagues and supervisors regarding my work.
Requesting constant feedback was something I picked up during my years working
in the cut throat investment banking environment.
Constant
feedback helps rectify errors while they can be corrected as opposed to waiting
till the end of the year feedback when you cannot go back and fix your
mistakes. With the changing working environment in public organizations there
is greater emphasis on employee performance. As the economic development
intern, I was responsible for creating a database of existing biosciences
industry related businesses in and around Greater Phoenix area. I worked on the
first 20 businesses on my list and sent it out to my team for their feedback. I
got some really helpful feedback that helped me produce a better and more
intuitive database for the department. I was also applauded for making the
effort to initiate feedback from my team.
No comments:
Post a Comment