I
want to utilize this blog post to share my experience and thoughts about the
MPA faculty at the School of Public Affairs. After two semesters in the
Program, I can only speak for the faculty members that I took classes with. My
opinion should not be generalized and is purely a reflection of my experience
so far.
Without
naming any faculty member in particular, one thing that I observed was that the
faculty is extremely helpful in assisting students in reaching their academic
goals. Being from an investment banking background I had serious concerns about
my performance in a graduate level public administration discipline. However,
every single one of my professors worked with me in and outside class during
office hours to help me make a successful transition to the field of public
administration. Another thing that stood out for me is the passion that
professors brought to the class. Besides being masters of their respective
disciplines, all my professors brought this energy and passion about the
subject that is contagious. As a student I feel significantly engaged in the learning
process and inspired to learn more and make a difference in the society.
As I am completing undergraduate school and possibly considering attending grad school one day, it is encouraging to hear that the MPA faculty have been so supportive and helpful. I have enjoyed my studies at ASU and would consider ASU's graduate programs, such as the MPA program, so it's nice to know that the courses are engaging and the professors are excited about what they are teaching.
ReplyDeleteI would have to agree with Justin! I am about to complete my studies at ASU and would strongly consider pursuing a graduate degree at ASU. Your comments are only reiforcing my thoughts about graduate school. For the size of the university I believe that the Public Affairs side of the university is a small tight knit community. For example, I took a graduate course with a well respected Arizona citizen and could not be more happy with the way the class went. Small number of studetns with a dedicated Professor. Congratualtions on you accomplishments.
ReplyDelete